Are you about to do some interior renovations? Looking to change the paint color in your home or office space? Before you hire the first painting company that comes up on Google, check out these tips from Schoenfelder Painting on how to hire the right painting company.
When hiring a painter, whether for commercial painting or residential painting, you want to make sure the painting company checks out. Consumer Reports gives the following suggestions (for the full list, check out Consumer Reports’ “Picking a Painter: How to Spot a Pro”):
- Make sure the painter comes to your home and gives a full assessment of the space before giving you an estimate. This way, you’re more likely to get an accurate quote on the project.
- Check references and get examples of past work.
- Verify the painting company’s credentials. You want to make sure they are licensed in your state. Also, a good sign of a serious painting company is membership in professional organizations.
- Get at least three quotes from different painting companies. You definitely want to make sure the quote is as specific as possible, including coats of paint, paint types, materials, labor, and so on.
- Hire a painting company that gives you a full written contract, including a guarantee of service and quality. Make sure the contract is specific and doesn’t require you to pay everything up front.
If you live in the greater Minneapolis, MN area, consider Schoenfelder Painting in your search for a quality painting company. Schoenfelder Painting has more than 20 years of experience, bringing quality work and affordable painting prices. We specialize in both commercial and residential painting services. To get a quote from Schoenfelder Painting or ask questions, contact our office at 952-345-2901. We hope we can work with you on your next painting project.